At Cole Dermatology, our goal is to provide you with exceptional care. Certified by the American Board of Dermatology, Dr. Cole has completed specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair, and nails. His expertise spans the scope of medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology, with a special interest in skin cancer treatment and defect reconstruction. Under his direct supervision, his nurse practitioners provide exceptional quality access to specialized skin care.
From basic skin conditions to more complicated cutaneous disorders, Dr. Cole and his team stand ready to diagnose and provide treatment options to achieve the best outcome possible. Some of the more common conditions we treat include:
- • skin cancer screening/mole or "spot" checks
- • acne and rosacea
- • adult female acne
- • skin infections, including warts, molluscum, and herpes
- • psoriasis
- • skin rashes, including eczema and contact dermatitis
- • hair loss, including alopecia areata, male and female patterned baldness
- • nail fungus and other nail diseases
Dr. Cole treats a wide variety of benign and malignant skin lesions. Surgical procedures are performed in the office under local anesthesia. Some of the surgeries he performs include:
- • excision of skin cancers (including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma)
- • excision of abnormal moles (severely dysplastic moles or nevi)
- • skin cancer destruction (cryosurgery, electrodessication and curettage) for smaller and less aggressive skin cancers
- • removal of cysts, lipomas, or other skin growths for symptomatic or cosmetic purposes
Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Mohs surgery is a skin cancer removal technique involving real-time examination under the microscope using specialized tissue processing different than that of routine pathology. This technique provides the highest clearance/cure rates for skin cancer, and is ideal in larger or aggressive tumors, or those in cosmetically sensitive areas. By performing the jobs of both pathologist and surgeon, Dr. Cole is able to precisely remove cancerous tissue while preserving healthy skin. This, coupled with his extensive training in repair of skin cancer defects, ensures aesthetically-pleasing results and very high cure rates.
Patient outcomes, comfort, and convenience are all paramount. Most cases are recontructed in the office immediately after skin cancer clearance. This provides the most cost-effective and convenient care. Occasionally, Dr. Cole may recommend referral to another specialist (plastic surgeon, ophthalmologist, oculoplastic surgeon, etc.) after your skin cancer has been cleared. This is generally only for very large tumors or those involving certain structures (large portions of the eyelid margin, for example). In these cases, Dr. Cole will discuss with you the various options on the best plan of care before proceeding.
Cole Dermatology offers an array of cosmetic products and services for those interested. Some of the cosmetic procedures Dr. Cole performs include:
- • elective/cosmetic removal of benign lesions (moles, skin tags, seborrheic keratoses, cherry angiomas, etc)
- • superficial and medium-depth chemical peels (Jessner's, TCA) to treat conditions such as skin discoloration and fine lines/wrinkles
- • neuromodulators (Dysport, Botox, etc) to reduce wrinkles/furrows on the head and neck
- • fillers (Restylane, Juvederm, etc) for facial contouring, improving volume loss and reducing wrinkling